Local Authorities & Organisations
Training the Workforce – Trauma Informed Mindfulness for Social Work Practitioners, Residential Childcare, Education Professionals and Health Professionals. Trauma Informed Training for all adults working with children and young people. Workshops are accessible online across the Scotland and the UK.
We know that staff and carers living with and working with children who have experienced trauma,
usually have access to training in managing children’s behaviours and managing children’s emotions.
However, they do not always have access to training in managing their own behaviours and
managing their own emotions. That’s where Gie’s Peace can help!
Our Trauma Informed Mindfulness Workshop for Staff and Carers equips the adults caring for
vulnerable children to:
- Understand the fundamentals of a Mindfulness Practice gives the opportunity to try out a variety of Mindfulness strategies
- Recognise and understand their own emotional triggers and how you manage them
- Stay calm when their child is dysregulated and respond with calm rather than reacting or
over-reacting in the heat of the moment
- Understand how the brain performs under stress
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of Secondary Trauma / Compassion Fatigue and how to
Our trainers are qualified Social Workers with extensive experience in Fostering & Adoption, Trauma Informed Care, and have either worked within Fostering, Adoption or are current Foster Carers. This gives them first hand experience of the challenges of caring for / working with, Children who have experienced Trauma and or Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s)
Our Workshops are:
- Delivered online and during school hours meaning they are accessible to those who have children at home.
- Accessible to all, regardless of any previous experience of Mindfulness
- Fun and interactive allowing time for reflection and peer support
- Competitively Priced and can be delivered as “one-off” training events as well as ongoing rolling programmes to ensure your entire staff team are trained
As a Registered Community Interest Company (CIC) Gie’s Peace have made a commitment to supporting
communities and parents – where cost would be a barrier to learning. As a means to address this,
Gie’s Peace provide ongoing part or fully funded workshops to any parents who would benefit. If
your organisation supports parents please ask about our funded places.
I really liked the way the information was presented, there was a good balance between theory and practical information/exercises
Team Manager Fostering & Adoption
Thank you for delivering such a relevant training session for practitioners, foster carers and adoptive parents
Social Worker Children & Families
Thank you for a very engaging day, it has given me lots of idea for myself and for my work.
Team Manager Fostering & Adoption
The sections on Love languages, triggers and secondary trauma were excellent!
Student Social Worker
The Workshop gave me lots of ideas and tools for emotional self-care and resilience. It should be available to all Student Social Workers to prevent burnout and emotional exhaustion.
The course was excellent, it linked Mindfulness so well to attachment. The trainers were engaging and clearly passionate about what they do.
Trauma Informed Mindfulness
Trauma Informed Mindfulness Training for Foster Carers.
“The expectation that we can be immersed in suffering and loss daily and not be touched by it, is as unrealistic as expecting to be able to walk through water without getting wet.”
Parents Including Adoptive Parents & Kinship Carers
Tools, Strategies and Learning
Common sense, practical and useable strategies and tools to help parents remain calm, stay in control of their emotions and take a step back before responding.
‘Up to high doh’ [noun] /hai ‘dou To find oneself in a state of high agitation or emotional excitement. “Honest tae God, these weans huv goat me up tae high doh.”