Local Authorities & Organisations
We know that staff and carers living with and working with children who have experienced trauma,
usually have access to training in managing children’s behaviours and managing children’s emotions.
However, they do not always have access to training in managing their own behaviours and
managing their own emotions. That’s where Gie’s Peace can help!
Our Trauma Informed Mindfulness Workshop for Staff and Carers equips the adults caring for
vulnerable children to:
- Understand the fundamentals of a Mindfulness Practice & gives the opportunity to try out a variety of Mindfulness strategies
- Recognise and understand their own emotional triggers and how you manage them
- Stay calm when their child is dysregulated and respond with calm rather than reacting or
over-reacting in the heat of the moment
- Understand how the brain performs under stress
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of Secondary Trauma / Compassion Fatigue and how to
Our trainers are qualified Social Workers with extensive experience in Fostering & Adoption, Trauma Informed Care, and have either worked within Fostering & Adoption or are current Foster Carers. This gives them first hand experience of the challenges of caring for / working with, Children who have experienced Trauma and or Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s)
Our Workshops are:
- Delivered online and during school hours meaning they are accessible to those who have children at home.
- Accessible to all, regardless of any previous experience of Mindfulness
- Fun and interactive allowing time for reflection and peer support
- Competitively Priced and can be delivered as “one-off” training events as well as ongoing rolling programmes to ensure your entire staff team are trained
As a Registered Community Interest Company (CIC) Gie’s Peace have a commitment to supporting
communities and parents – where cost would be a barrier to learning. As a means to address this,
Gie’s Peace provide ongoing part or fully funded workshops to any parents who would benefit. If
your organisation supports parents please ask about our funded places.